Now, let’s define disappointment.
It comes from prefix “Dis” which is denoting the removal of something and thus expresses negation.
The main causes usually came from an unpleasant event in your life, things, or even came from people that are close to you. But the most painful disappointment is coming from yourself.
Discouragement or disappointment is inevitable in life. It doesn’t mean that you won’t experience it anymore once you found out a way to overcome it. Struggles come from a different direction and happen because of various unpredictable reasons. That’s why you should be undefeatable.
What you should do about it?
- Disregard too many expectations
- Disengage from unnecessary emotions
- Discontinue things that are not necessary.
- Distrust earthly things.
The disappointment comes from the positive root word “APPOINT”, a verb which requires an action; meaning, we have to do something about it.
On sublime thinking, this tells us to take an action which requires us to Designate, Engage, Adopt or embrace, determine, choose or select.
Actions toward PEACE:
- Appoint your Mind – let your mind do the Job. Changing your mindset changes your life.
- Captivate your Emotions in any situation. Never let your emotions take over your body.
- Select the right Nutrition
(E.g.) Drinking, eating healthy food. Your body needs the right nutrition Physically and Spiritually. Meditate the word of God
- Designate your Trust to the Lord. If you trust the world, you will be restless, but trusting God’s word means Peace.
WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO TRUST GOD?
1. Perish the past.
The past will always be part of the story, and it is always your choice what to do. Continue to live in it or turn the page into the next chapter. Even great stories have to end but the ending always depends on you.
2. Eliminate worries and negativity.
Worries and negativity are built through your own self-made beliefs. Dr. Adi Jaffe Ph.D. said, “Negative beliefs are just that, beliefs. They are not facts.”
If you are feeding your mind with unhealthy information this surely affects your inner perspective. Try to eliminate these beliefs as early as possible to overcome future discouragements.
4. Acceptance is a must.
Accepting the things you cannot change and not worrying about what happens tomorrow means trusting the Lord with all your heart.
5. Cease from anger or wrath – irritability or annoyance. As much as possible you should avoid being angry even on the smallest thing because the moment you let anguish invades you, it’ll poison your heart and mind until it affects all the areas of your life.
6. Execution of wickedness or revengefulness and blame. These are the ones you should not allow to enter your life because once you try to accept these even once, above all else you are the one who will struggle on the consequences a lot.
Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm.
Enjoyed reading this?
Learn more about yourself here:
Recommended Books For You: